Re: [NTLK] eMate battery recharging...

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 02:50:47 PST

On Sunday, December 21, 2003, at 02:15 AM, spam_at_fenestrated.net wrote:
<snip>
> I've finally gotten a 7.5v power supply. It supplies 750mA,
Do you mean to suggest you have some random wall wart hooked to your
emate?

If so, get a real Newton power adapter, it will probably fix your
issues...
> which is apparently not enough
> to get the eMate to boot-the "lightbulb" screen appears and then
> disappears in just a wink. The "charging" light appears green, then
> amber after a few seconds when I plug it in to the eMate. I'm using a
> pack that I know is good--it's some new 2000mAH NiMHs I put together
> just like the alkalines, except that I installed the thermistor, too,
> this time. My problem is that the battery won't charge.
>
> My batteries aren't well-charged, and my pack only shows about 3V
hmmm, usually this should be above 4 even when the batteries are flat.

Perhaps you have a bad cell?

The real 9W Newton power adapter is worth the $ and a good place to
start.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html