Re: [NTLK] eMate battery recharging...

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 13:13:36 PST

Hi Tyler
It seems that,based on your earlier posting that you have two problems.
Your battery pack voltage seems too low. I recommend that you measure
the voltage of each individual cell and compare it against the total.
be sure that the red lead is on the positive terminal.
Second it seems that the charger you are using is not compatible with
your Newton since it does not power up from adapter only. The power
adapter from the 1x0 newtons is 7v & 0.5a and will power up the eMate
and charge the batteries.
I suggest that you continue charging externally until you can get or
borrow an original adapter to test the eMate.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html