Re: [NTLK] Basilisk & Watches

From: Karel Jansens_oud (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 14:06:59 PST

Op zo 21-12-2003, om 03:39 schreef Jeff Sheldon:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:08:39PM -0800, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:
> > Great! and here I was worried you were using windows or something ;-)
>
> Heh. Only for games.
>
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 08:17:59PM -0600, Michael Cox wrote:
> > Huh. Newton-Linux users. Cool! As long as we're defining distros and
> > hardware, Mandrake and AMD here. ;-) And a Knoppix "live" CD in the
> > Newt's carrying-case.
>
> At one time I was trying to make a sync tool for Timex's Datalink watch
> with the Newton, but that didn't get very far due to motivational
> problems. I'm not the kind of geek that wants to have a PDA on my hip
> 24hrs a day, but I do like information following me around one way or
> another and Newtons, Linux, and the Datalink watch are the three sources I
> find most accomodating.

There's always the Rex. But it has the same problem: drivers. Or, if we
had decent two-way communication between Newtons and palms, an old Palm
III would do nicely for me. They can be had practically for free.

> Does anyone on here use a PIM wristwatch or recommend any specific brands?
> The latest Datalink is USB based and doesn't have Linux support. I'd love
> to universally share appointments, todos, phone numbers, dates, and alarms
> between my Newton and a watch (just in case).

I still have one of the earliest ones lying around, the one you had to
hold up in front of your stroboscoping monitor to flash over data (one
way only). I don't think it'll synch well with a non-CRT newt. :)

Karel Jansens

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html