Re: [NTLK] Another one is on the air...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 20:35:53 PST

on 23/12/03 20:17, Len Cole at leonard.cole_at_verizon.net wrote:

> I was sorely tempted to post this back on December 18, but reconsidered not
> wanting to subject NTLK to another poutine deluge so soon.
>
> In a fit of crazed inspiration, I googled "poutine" thinking I might find out
> whether it is feminine or masculine. Of course I didn't see that answer right
> off, and didn't look far enough to even see if it turned up, but I did find
> this on the first page of hits:
>

> Poutine celebrates 40th
>
> http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSLifeArchive/oct2_poutine.html
>

> Which leads me back to my original query: is it "la" poutine or "le" poutine?

It's definitely feminine. "La" poutine, or "une" poutine when you order...

-Laurent.

"imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work
another company could come along and copy your work and market it under it's
own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple
could not afford to advance the state of the art" -Bill Gates '83
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html