[NTLK] Kamasutra. Third day of Christmas (was Re: Smokey Mtn Mist Newton Book)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 08:29:46 PST

>Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:20:10 +0530
>From: "Dr. Aravind V" <aravindv_at_vsnl.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Kamasutra: No KISSes for me? (was: Re: Smokey Mtn Mist
>
>I meant Smokey mtn mist newtonbook and not kamasutra :-)

Sure, dude! ;=}

>From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael=20J.=20Hu=DFmann?="
><michael_at_michael-hussmann.de>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Smokey Mtn Mist Newton Book
>Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:07:46 +0100
>
>DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net) wrote:
>
> > Now, if I could get hold on a copy of the newtonized Kamasutra I found
> once
> > referred to on a long dead website, THAT would make some nice bedside
> > reading for yer ole pal
>
>Check your mail ... Unfortunately, this isn't a complete (or even
>particularly faithful) translation of the Kamasutra. A good edition of
>the Kamasutra is sorely missing from the public domain text archives. If
>you are looking for a print edition, I can recommend the "dtv klassik"
>paperback version (no pretty pictures, though).

Thanks Michael and Woody, who've generously mailed me the desired tome.
Hmh, we need a complete, unabridged and beautifully illustrated edition of
that. Who'll rise to the occasion and scan something nice?
Gotta have more nice pillow books, esp. in this season of good will and
warm and fuzzy feeling towards all.

By the way, Mike - some nice books you host at
http://www.michael-hussmann.de/newtbook.html . Strongly recommended to be
checked out, esp. for German readers.

    In the spirit of the library hosted by Mike, on this third day of
Christmas, I give to you all the much-cited-but-rarely-read book by
Freiherr Adolph von Knigge, "Über den Umgang mit Menschen" (1788). It IS a
much recommended read. Some things need to be taken with a grain of salt -
such as taking a gun when going for a walk, and his era's antisemitic
tendencies - but for the larger part, it is a good and useful book on how
to treat other people.
    I'll upload this book right away, and if you want a copy before Saint
Vic publishes it, drop me a line (also for
Lovecraft,HP-The_Call_of_Cthulhu_(1926).zip,
Lovecraft,HP_-_Pickman's_Model_(1926).zip,
Barsoom#01-APrincessofMars(NewtoneBookbyBobHicks).zip,
Caprona_#1_-_The_Land_That_Time_Forgot_(Newton_eBook_by_Bob_Hicks).zip).

Cheers,

DJV.

P.S.: Hmh, how can I get images to appear nicely in Newton eBooks? What
resolution etc. are required? Hints anybody?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html