Re: [NTLK] Marathon? Re: Lovecraft (was: [OT] Re: Merry Christmas

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 02:29:32 PST

on 12/28/03 10:49 AM, DJ Vollkasko at DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net wrote:

> Jon, I don't practice my Greek. I'm still doing things the old-fashioned
> way. ;=}
>
> DJV.
>
> P.S.: Errhem - and what were you referring to?

Well, you just answered my question... ;-) Marathon was a series of
first-person-shooters from the Macintosh, and are, in fact, the Godparents
of Bungie's wildly popular X-Box game, Halo. In any case, it appears that
Lovecraft's novels had an impact on the writers of the game's story. The
Marathon games, btw, had a very rich back story, and compelling storyline
told throughout the game play. They were more than just shoot everything in
sight (although excellent at that) but the story line was revealed to the
player as he went. If you want to learn more, try checking out
http://marathon.bungie.org/story/

:-)

--
-Jon Glass