Re: [NTLK] Reset question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 16:47:32 PST

>Pressing the reset button on the back of a Newt resets the power manager.
>I've read this in the Apple service manuals, so I think that poorly
>designed cards don't resist the current peak which can occur.
>
>Just my 2 cents... ;-)
>
>Manu
>--
Yes that was my thought that some sort of curent spike when the reset
buttion was pressed. I am suprised that Apple let the slip through with
such a well designed machine otherwise. Here is the a question, if you reset
using a package does it do the same thing by reseting the power manger or
does it reset by other means? And if they do the same thing, how about
pulling the batteries in a 2000? That will cause a reset, will the current
spike happen in that case?

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html