Re: [NTLK] Power Off

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 08:15:21 PST

On 03/02/03 11:03, "jstaub" <jstaub_at_cox.net> wrote:

> Is there a utility for the 2x00 that lets you turn off the power without
> using the slide switch?

There are quite a few utilities that will do that. Most backdrops will have
a button somewhere to turn off the Newton. I'm using Backdrop Plus from
Standalone and if you press and hold the Extras button, the Newton will turn
off. I also have this in SleepAid. If you're using a backdrop, I would check
there first. If you're not using a backdrop, I would suggest you try one,
like Avi's Backdrop, which is free.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html