Re: [NTLK] Need eMate repaired ASAP.

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 10:21:20 PST

on 2/5/03 10:17 AM, T. at midgard_at_dragon.org wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can have this fixed? I use this eMate daily &
> cannot be without it long! I would prefer someone locally, but will
> ship if no choice left.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if it is the video cable that
has been punctured you may be out of luck. Apple, at least according to the
checking I have been able to do, no longer has the replacement part and no
substitute has been found.
    Some people on the list have managed to revive cables that were not too
badly damaged, but many have been left with dead eMates.
    Another option is to find a failed eMate with a good cable and swap the
part. I believe someone was selling one not long ago with a dead
motherboard.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html