Re: [NTLK] Poor, Ailing Newt 130 (long)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 18:42:00 PST

on 05/02/03 19:10, Elizabeth Price at newton_at_rainbowapple.com wrote:
[snip!]
> If I can't get this thing fixed, then I'm just going to invest in a
> 2000 or 2100, I think. But even then, I'd like to know what's wrong
> with it, so I can accurately describe the defect if I were to sell it
> for parts. (It has a flawless screen and case and stylus and I still
> have the original box & most of its original contents in mint or
> near-mint condition! So it must be good for something, right?)

I had my 2100 serviced by Apple a couple of years ago. When it came back, it
would advance 1 minute every 2 real minutes. Not the same problem than you
have, but it was still a problem. After 1 hour, I would have lost 30
minutes.

I returned it to Apple and they fixed it, mentioning that some calibration
they do has been done wrong. Your problem might be a similar issue, I don't
know. But if this is the case, you'd better start looking for an upgraded
2000 or a 2100 (in any case, you won't regret it).

-Laurent.

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html