Re: [NTLK] Newton Keyboards - Shreve Systems

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 10:30:18 PST

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 02:07:12PM +0000, Oliver Leaman wrote:
> On the other hand, one wonders about the business sense of the company,
> sincethere has been speculation about their continuing activities, or even
> survival, and they have not troubled to let us know what the situation is!

Makes fine business sense to me. If a business owner is looking at the
books and deciding that if profits drop 15% and stay down more than one
quarter, he's shutting down, then announcing that that is the situation
is the best way to lose enough customer base to meet that criteria real
fast.

As it is, no one buying from them today would depend on them to be there a
year from now, but would be likely enough to check from month to month
if they need something they're known to be able to supply. That's often
enough to keep customers at least checking.

--
" ... a language is just an dialect with an army and a navy."
                                --Paul Tomblin, in a.s.r.