[NTLK] Trouble

From: Max Talbot-Minkin (mtalbot-minkin_at_middlesex.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 12:01:36 PST

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the WaveLAN driver. It works fine in
Infrastructure mode (roaming is very cool), but I'm trying to share the
internet connection between my PowerBook and my Newton and encountering
much difficulty.

In OS X 10.2, I turn on AirPort Internet Sharing and name the network
"Newton".

On the Newton, I choose "ad-hoc" and enter "Newton" as the SSID. I don't
use WEP.

When I try to connect to the internet from the Newton, it seems to be
getting somewhere but disconnects at the last second saying the connection
was dropped. Argh! What am I doing wrong??

(Also, when using WAPs, I get a lot of 404 errors in NetHopper for pages I
KNOW exist. What's that about?)

Max

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html