Re: [NTLK] (No From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop@euronet.nl>

Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 14:32:06 PST

on 07-02-2003 2:01, John Webb at johnwebb1_at_mac.com wrote:

> First, I am trying to connect my Newton to my Powerbook 3400 through
> the serial port with no luck! What am I missing? The error message is "
> no connection found" even though both have been hooked up to the cable
> and both are set to serial port.(I know that I must be missing an
> important link to the puzzle somewhere.

Maybe a funny question, but did you install Newton Connection Utilities and
so you have it running?
NCU can be found at:
http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/connection_utils/ForMac/NewtonConnectionUtili
ties/

> Since I do not have a modem card yet(next on my list of purchases),
> what would you recommend? Should I buy new? Or should I go and do the
> Ebay thing?

I would go for eBay, modems are quite cheap there, I just posted a link to a
list of compatible modems.

Question to the list, is that list somewhere in the FAQ or at This Old Newt?

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html