[NTLK] Problem with 3com Ethernet card at work

From: Bill Miranda (wmiranda_at_softhome.net)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 07:55:25 PST

I have a Newton 2100 and I have installed all of the NIE 2.0 drivers
and the drivers necessary for my Newton to recognize the 3com 3C589C
card that I purchased. I know this because at home I am able to
connect to my ethernet router and surf the web using Nethopper over my
cable modem. At work, when I connect to my office's Ethernet network,
it seems to work also but it doesn't connect to websites. What happens
in Nethopper is that a slip pops up asking me how I want to connect. I
pick my wired ethernet setup. It loads DHCP protocol and assigns me an
IP number, then it shows the striped bar for a second and comes back
with an HTTP Server error 303. This happens to all the same web sites
that I successfully connect with from home. I would have though that
my setup was okay because the DHCP part is working and the network is
assigning me an IP number. What should I try to troubleshoot this
situation?
Thanks!

Bill

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html