Re: [NTLK] AC adapters for automobiles

From: Nancy Haitz (nhaitz_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 15:27:37 PST

Dave,

I use an auto adapter with my laptop. It has the usual cigarette
lighter plug on one end, and on the other end is a box with a standard
(USA standard) AC outlet. One of the nice things about it is the fact
that it contains a fuse that prevents power spikes. The fuse is a
standard automobile fuse, so it is replaceable. The other nice aspect
is the fact that it is a regular old outlet, so it can be used for other
electrical needs.

I think I paid around $45 to $50 for it. It is available in computer
stores, electronics stores like Radio Shack, etc.

Nancy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html