Re: [NTLK] New Newton Bowels Project documents

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 20:32:33 PST

on 11/02/2003 3:07 AM, Martin Joseph at martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com wrote:

> On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 08:46 PM, Michael Blazer wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> some cheap 2100s that had reputedly been sitting in a hot closet in
>> Florida
>> for a while. For whatever reason, this batch of Newts all exhibit a
>> persistent pen misalignment, usually near one edge.
> <snip>
>
> What about Marco's jaggies fix of trimming the plastic? Sounds like it
> could be warped from the heat/storage....
>
> I am just suggesting this out of the blue, but somehow it seems
> consistent with the description he gave of one case/screen lip pressing
> against the touch screen....
>
> Marty

Could be, but it seems very different in that the misalignment is constant,
stable, and smoothly progressive. There is none of the wild and crazy
intermittent behaviour that comes with the jaggies. It seems unlikely that
a warped case pressing on the screen could produce such a smooth and steady
effect. But who knows?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html