Re: [NTLK] Thank you for all the replies!

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 09:59:37 PST

Quoting "" <tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net>:

> Apparently, combo-cards will ONLY work as a modem. I remember that
> flying around the list a while ago and I don't recall anyone ever
> getting a combo to... well, combo-fy.

Correct-o-mundo. Some combo cards won't even be recognized as modems. I
wouldn't recommend them for the Newton.

Also, someone yesterday or today mentioned the 3Com 3c562 or 3c563 cards.
These will also NOT work in a Newton, as they use a 10/100BaseT chipset for
which no Newton driver exists, or is even planned.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html