Re: [NTLK] Some problems here....

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 12:22:08 PST

Quoting José Rosendo Ramírez Román <jose_rmz_at_hotmail.com>:

> I'm having a problem with a memory card, when I insert it in my newton it
> tells me that it appears to be a new card and try to format it, but then
> it gives me teh following message:
>
> there is a problem with this card (-10609)
>
> very helpful indeed!!!, I mean what the hell does that mean???

Well hey, the Newton only has 8MB of ROM for the operating system (or less),
you think they would have wasted space for textual descriptions of errors?
Heck no! The descriptions are spread around different developer docs. This
is why I made the Errors Database, which contains *all* of the known error
codes and their descriptions and categories.

http://guelph.unna.org/errors/

In your case, a -10609 is a Card Store error described as "Write error (one or
more bits failed to assert)". Sounds to me like if the Newton couldn't assert
a bit, the card is damaged.

Can you say anything more about the card? Model, capacity, origin, type etc.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html