Re: [NTLK] LocalTalk <=> EtherNet

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 18:15:02 PST

on 11/02/2003 1:07 AM, Brian Mayton at bmayton_at_mac.com wrote:
[snip]
> I have an old, old Apple software package called Apple Internet Router
> or something like that that will do the bridging to MacIP. It's pretty
> old, though, and requires a System 7.0 machine (won't work with
> anything higher than that) with both Ethernet and LocalTalk plugged
> into it. I run it on an old PowerBook 165 to bridge my network. If
> you're interested, let me know and I'll email you disk images.

Not that it's a huge difference, but just for the record, Apple IP Gateway
will do this too and it runs on any system that uses "Classic" (i.e.,
pre-Open Transport) networking, which I think means up to 7.6.x but for sure
up to 7.5.5. I'll bet it's the same for Apple Internet Router which is
probably from the same era.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html