[NTLK] Almost there with set-up...

From: +/- (polarity_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 06:09:47 PST

Hi

Further to my post last week, I found a way to get Farallon driver and
NewtSync packages on to my Newton (an old Mac at work! - abandoned the
Keyspan dongle idea), but have encountered a few issues which seem very
small - I really feel like I'm almost there now...

My set-up:
1. Newton 2100 c/w Farallon Ethernet PC card
2. PowerBook G4 running 10.2.4

When I click on "connect" in NewtSync on the Newton it comes up with a
slip asking which ISP number it should use to call (I have entered the
Mac's IP address correctly). Obviously I don't want this, but don't
know why it is doing it - why doesn't it just connect to the Mac? (I
used to use my Newton to dial-up about 4 years ago, but gave up on that
- it's got these old settings coming up).

I've also almost managed to get NCU running in Classic to connect via
ethernet - I get as far as choosing "Connect via AppleTalk" in the
"Dock" app, and saying for it to 'look for other Mac OS computers' - it
finds my Mac but then doesn't seem to be able to connect.

Aghhhhh! So annoying!

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,

Andy