Re: [NTLK] wireless newton internet services

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 00:22:31 PST

On s=F6ndag, feb 16, 2003, at 23:00 Europe/Stockholm,=20
madscientist_at_macunlimited.net wrote:

> what are the various methods of connecting a newton (2100) to the
> internet while not on a landline or a lan?
>
> gprs cards i have been told work, but other than someone saying that
> they do in a list of stuff the newton can do along with airport ect. i
> can find no evidence of anyone actually doing it.

well, there are no cheap solutions, really, since youll have to pay for=20=

the variable cost anyway. with GPRS, i guess the cost is still=20
"controllable". see also my option modem/GSM/HSCSD/GPRS page on=20
http://www.pixell.net/doppler/GT

regards, roman=

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html