Re: [NTLK] [OT] HP iPAQ

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 17:52:43 PST

The iPaq was my previous PDA before I 'switched' to a 2100. They are
fantastic little machines, but the two things that really bugged me was
1) the battery life, and 2)the small screen.
It really depends on what you'd use it for. It's really great at doing
multimedia (i.e. Flash, video, mp3, ect.) and that's 75% of why I got
it (about 15% being the HWR, which is pretty dismal, but better than
Palm's graffiti).
The biggest warning is to remember to charge it every night. You could
probably get away with 2-3 nights without charging and casual use, but
all of these color units have terrible battery life (and they dump your
info if the power goes out!).
Great unit, but I wouldn't take it on a weekend trip.
Since I got my 2100 I have found that, if I buy the Energizer Photo
Lithium batteries, they last me three months with heavy use (backlight
and keyboard at least four hours a day). Now that's a computer I could
feel safe talking on a trip to the amazon!

-Rick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html