Re: [NTLK] AppleTalk problem

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 21:16:50 PST

On 2/19/03 4:33 PM, "Paul Jones" <jonesp_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Anyone got any ideas? I cannot think of anything else to try. Its very
> odd that it worked fine before now and now will not work at all.

Try the trick that Robert metioned, and..

Do you have an AirPort card or any other network device in the PowerBook?

I have had this problem before. I had an AirPort card for a short while in
my Mac. While it was in there, I has set it up to use AppleTalk. When I
took it out AirPort would not work for anything in OS X.

Also, try to open the "Network" pane of System Preferences. Now click on the
popup menu next to "Show:" and select "Network Port Configurations". Now
un-check all the boxes and click on "Apply Now". Now re-check all the boxes
that you had and click on "Apply Now" again. See if that works.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html