Re: [NTLK] Dates issues

From: Marty (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 17:11:12 PST

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 02:11 PM, Eric Byrne wrote:

> Hello list,
> today while using the find facility to search for entries in the dates
> app,
> I encountered a couple of problems.
> Searching for entries on a date in 1997, I was presented with an error
> message, 48200 and other 48??? errors when retrying it a few times.
> I have a Find enhancement installed called Find +, and found that
> freezing
> that and resetting the unit stopped these errors occurring.
Sometime just resetting makes find work again for me...

Also if your running the MP2100/2000, Paul Guyot has a SPECIAL system
update the fixes certain find problems(works?).

http://www.kallisys.com/
> But now that the Newton could complete the find request, for a list of
> entries in a date in 1997, the dates app opens in 2097 instead!
This is a different problem I think.
> Searching for entries on any date in 1998 or 1999 results in the find
> slip
> telling me that there are no entries on this date, when in fact there
> are!
> Searching for text such as a name or number, however, is unaffected.
> I thought that the Newt was y2k compliant, according to Apple.
I think there is some kind of date bug, but I can't remember. I think
it's in the future still perhaps?

Marty

PS Man are we on topic lately! Even the OT's are on!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html