Re: [NTLK] PDFConv 0.1.4

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 08:45:06 PST

>> I would very much like it very much if someone could
>> host the existing PDFConvert program on a Web server,
>> so that a Newtscape user on the road could submit a URL and
>> get back a Web page.
>> Or a MacOS 9 user (me) could send in a PDF and get back a
>> BookMaker file and images.

>Can NTK be run as command line application? We could skip BookMaker in
>the process (I hope so), but not NTK...

My proposal does not require running NTK.

The web version is immediately available once the HTML and JPGs are produced.

The BookMaker version would just produce the BookMaker input text file and PICT files. (Or it could produce the BookMaker output files.) The user would then have to run NTK. This has the (small) advantage of allowing the user to change the package settings before building it.

Eric

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html