[NTLK] PCMCIA Modem Odyssey

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 15:05:22 PST

About a week ago I sent out a plea concerning a modem card I bought,
which wasn't recognized as such by my MP2100. It turned out to be
defective. The person I bought it from, one Susan Feldman, promptly
mailed me a Hayes modem card, without any fuss, and without even
requiring me to send back the defective unit. The Hayes modem works. At
least, it's recognized as a comms device by my Newton. I don't have a
landline phone at home, so I'll have to wait until I get back to work
on Monday to try it out.

Now, it's customary to moan and bitch about bad experiences, but I was
pleasantly surprised by Ms. Feldman's business practices, so I figured
I'd mention that for a change. She's selling on eBay.

The other thing is, does anyone know of any good uses for a defective
PCMCIA card?

--
Hans Derycke
E pur si muove