[NTLK] Momentary freeze on 2100

From: David Busey (im-wired_at_attbi.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 19:16:21 PST

Hello all,

For the first time, my 2100 had two momentary "seizures" (literally
seized/locked up!) recently. Each lasted about 4 seconds and happened
within a 5 minute period.

I was writing via graffiti (into Notepad I believe) and everything the unit
just ceased taking all screen input.

Any ideas what could cause such a thing?

I'm new to the Newton as of November 2002 so there's been a lot of software
loaded and deleted as I continually sort through what I've found to be
useful to me. (BTW, I have a 20mb memory card in one of the slots + a 3com
Ethernet card in the lower slot.)

Can the memory get fragmented like disk space? Is there something that
cleans-house? Rambling now and probably waaayyyy off-base.

Thanks in advance for any insight, folks.

Keep the Green!!

--
David Busey
Beaverton, OR