Re: [NTLK] eMate advice

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 13:39:38 PST

on 2/23/03 2:53 PM, Jim Bethel at jimbethel_at_earthlink.net wrote:
> I am curious whether the eMate gurus, like Woo and Robert and others, have
> fixed their eMate springs or have an opinion about this issue.
    I can't claim to be an eMate guru, but I took what I hope will be an
effective preventative measure with my eMate that doesn't involve having to
tell the hot end of a soldering iron from the other. I opened the eMate and
took a look at the springs. All were fine. Before closing it up I inserted a
piece of stiff cardboard between the spring and the video cable. With any
luck the cardboard will protect the cable should the spring go at some
point.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html