Re: [NTLK] Installing Packages from OS X

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 01:41:07 PST

On Monday, Feb 24, 2003, at 08:43 Europe/Rome, Norman Palardy wrote:
> Classic does NOT have a separate AppleTalk configuration
> Whatever you have in X you have in Classic
> If you enable AppleTalk in OS X Network Preferences it will be on in
> Classic
> If you disable them in OS X they will disable in Classic

In OS X I have both Personal Fire Sharing and Apple Talk enabled and I
can see the other Mac in my LAN.
The Newton can correctly see the Performa with Dock application as well.
 From the Titanium I am not able to install NCU and if I launch the copy
I already have it gives me the error message about Apple Talk.
A quite comfortable, even if longer, way I used yesterday was to
transfer packages from the Ti to the Performa and then connecting to
this one from the Newton with the dock, wirelessly.

However, after I will try to create a web page with packages as
suggested in the other email of the thread and I will reinstall OS 9.
Could it be something about 9.2.2?
Maybe NCU doesn't run well in that OS....

> IF you reboot into OS 9 on this machine then you can configure OS 9's
> AppleTalk while running OS 9

I tried to install NCU and tried to configure it while I was running OS
9.

thanks again,
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html