Re: [NTLK] Battery Pack is DOA

From: Karl and Kathleen Prihoda (kapri_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 15:01:51 PST

You guys on this forum are awesome! I bought a backup 2100 on ebay
with a dead battery. The seller did say that it was dead and would not
hold a charge, and that was fine with me because I have another battery
holder. I got the Newton, saw that it would not hold a charge (says
"fault"), promptly put it in a drawer.

I read the thread about how to deal with a dead battery and decided to
try some of the tricks. It now works like a charm and it has held a
FULL charge for the last 8 hours. I keep turning it and the light on
to see how well it is doing.

Here is what I did. I hope it helps someone else:
After trying to plug it in and charge it several times I just kept
getting the "fault" battery warning. An alert would come on and state
that the battery cannot hold a charge.
I just kept plugging it in and turning it on, getting the same message.
  After about the tenth time, in a row, it finally started to try and
hold a charge before giving me the warning. Being the stubborn one I
am, I kept unplugging and plugging about 5 or 6 more times. All of the
sudden it began so say "charging". I was shocked so I left it plugged
in for a couple of hours and came back to it. It was CHARGED!!! and
still is.

This all took about 10 minutes.

I hope this helps.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html