[NTLK] Newton Instant Messaging

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 15:12:48 PST

Hello Group-

I'd like some feed back about anyone that uses their Newton for instant
messaging. At one point, I had my clients trained to use ICQ so I was
all set using the software (NCQ) that allowed the Newton to instant
message on the ICQ network. Well, as time has gone by, most everyone
has migrated to AOL Instant Messaging or is using Apple's iChat if
they're like me and more of a "Mac Person".

So I'm curious to get some feed back from any of you using NewtJabber
or any other Instant Messaging software for the Newton that I don't
know anything about. Does anyone out there use NewtJabber? Do you like
it? Is it dependable? Does it bomb your Newton or act weird in any way?
Are there any alternatives to NewtJabber?

I understand that with NewtJabber you have to set everything up on your
Mac or PC before you can get things working on the Newton. Beyond
having a pre-existing AOL IM account, what else do you need to have set
up on your desktop for Newtjabber to work on the Newton?

Looking forward to your replies.

--
David Deranian
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.