Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Nitro 0.1 - IrCOMM layer

From: Anton Balaban (anton_at_balaban.ru)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 10:53:01 PST

On , 26, 2003 Newtontalk wrote:

Eric Schneck <eschneck_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

>>Nitro works perfectly with my Siemens S45i over GPRS!
>>Here is my NIE Setup if anyone's interested:
>
>Did you get a Web browser to work, or just email?
>
>Eric

I tried some web-browsing with NetHopper and NewtsCape, everything was fine. Although I had a couple of crashes of Newton and phone upon connecting.

>p.s. Since I was already connecting to my cell phone via
>serial, the only settings change I had to make was to
>remove the comm port parameters from the setup.

I never got serial to work, after realizing that Newt-to-phone cable will contain 3 parts (phone-to- PC serial, PC to Mac serial, dongle) I gave up on the idea - too bulky. Now with IrDA I'm happy!

Anton

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html