Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Nitro 0.1 - IrCOMM layer

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 13:21:54 PST

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 10:43 , Dave Newted Bonhoff wrote:

> If I use the Test app, I can get my Nokia 6210 to connect to my ISP,
> but that is as far as I get. I send ATZ, receive OK, then I send
> ADTDnnnnnnnnnn (n= dial-up number ). The phone dials, responds
> Connect, Then a blur goes by in the response window. I'm assuming it
> has to do with PPP.

I guess, definitely if it contains lots of '{'s

> If I try to connect with Simple Mail, it hangs at loading PPP driver. I
> can stop it with no ill effects. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but
> I've tried every combination I can get to in internet setup... Default
> port, serial port, various speeds...

I'm collecting all the feedback, thanks for sending it, it is definitely
needed. I can at the moment only test with a Nokia 3650 and a Linux box,
later with a Nokia 9210, a 7650 and probably also another Symbian based
phone.

For any deeper explanation and investigation of the issues, take a look
at http://40hz.org/mottek/. But please keep the bug reports coming, most
likely I'll add some diagnostic support to Nitro. Also, I'm currently
working on OBEX support because that stresses the IrCOMM layer by
transmitting large amounts of data over IrDA. A side effect of working
on OBEX is that, well, you get OBEX ;) - which is nice to transfer
Names, Notes, Dates and other to and from Palms, Desktops and Laptops.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html