Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 22:32:26 PST

Il me semble que le 28/2/03 à 01:21 -0500, Donald Wilson nous racontait:
>I've only managed to install via AppleTalk. ZeroConf and straight
>TCP/IP hasn't worked for me yet.
>
>I'm running a 2100, w/ 3com 589D connecting to a G4 running 10.2.4 thru
>an ethernet switch.

Are you sure that your Newton can connect to the Internet with your settings?
I.e. if you have some other server on your Mac, can it access it?

I've only implemented ZeroConf layers 2 and 3 (multicast DNS and
multicast service discovery). The Newton cannot assign itself an IP
in the LocalLink yet. So you have to be sure that the Newton can
connect to the Mac somehow.

If your Newton can connect to the Internet, unless you have a weird
network setup, it should work.

Could you please confirm or infirm that your Newton can connect to
the Internet? If so, we'd need your help to debug Delivery's TCP/IP
support.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/