Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 23:49:03 PST

Il me semble que le 28/2/03 à 02:33 -0500, Laurent Daudelin nous racontait:
>I've been unable to get AppleTalk to work.

What is your Network setup?

Do you have both your Newton and your Mac connected to a router?

Work on the DCL revealed that MacOS X is particularly painful with
network interfaces and AppleTalk. Hence the problems people have with
NCU on Classic.

If you connect the Newton to the Mac via Ethernet, you will need to:
- activate the Newton ethernet card with Choose Other Computer Dock option
- while it's activated, click like a fool on MacOS X network settings
to deactivate/activate it
- click the Start server button on Delivery (or launch NCU)

Once the Mac appears in the NBP Chooser on the Newton, choose it and
click Connect.

This works with NCU as well. I had to do that recently when trying to
connect a Newton to my laptop on the road (at home, everything goes
through the Airport base station and therefore the link is always up
on the Mac - however, if ever I lost Airport connection because of
poor range, I need to reset the Network settings on the Mac to
reactivate the AppleTalk link).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/