[NTLK] concerning DCL XML output

From: Michael Vacik (mici_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 10:59:37 PST

> > - NewtonScript DTD that explains how to represent Newton data in XML
> > - NSOF to XML converter, a MacOS and MacOS X application to convert
> > data from the Newton format (in .nwt attachments for example) to XML
>
> Does this mean we can only expect a Mac solution? Or will there be
> something for us windows users also (and maybe for Unix users also)?

of course, you can test Newton note XML to HTML transformations on
Windows or Unix using tools of your choice (msxml, Apache Xalan...).
for now, the NWT to XML Converter is Mac OS solution only but once DCL
takes final shape, developers accross all platforms can build upon it.

interfacing Newton data using XML means unlimited possibilities of
future integration with applications on any modern platform or backend,
and the internet. NCU-like software is only top of the iceberg of what
we can imagine.

m.

--
Michael Vacik