Re: [NTLK] Pen drift: Solutions or possible trade?

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 22:35:17 PST

> From: Eric Schneck <eschneck_at_mindspring.com>
>>
>> My 2100 has a case of the classic "pen drift".
>
> I suggest popping out both cards and re-booting with extensions off
> (hold pen on left side of screen.)

I just gave this a try -- doesn't seem any different. I'm pretty sure
this particular case is a hardware problem.

Actually, what I'm noticing now that I have the Newt in front of me is
that the ink is right under the pen near the top and bottom of the
screen but hovers above the pen around the upper middle section. (In
standard portrait orientation)

I've heard a lot about the case pressing on the right hand side of the
screen.. Is there any way I can test this theory without stripping the
whole unit down, or should I just get my screwdrivers ready?

Steven

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html