Re: [NTLK] emate not powering up

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 23:36:47 EST

Gumyee_at_aol.com wrote:

> hi, I had my emate taken apart, then put back together (to put fixed
> cable back in) everything was working great! but the contrast
> slider woudn't slide, so I loosened up the screws so it would slide.
> Now it won't power up!!

When you say the contrast slider wouldn't slide, do you mean when you
slide the slider, it doesn't seem to be connected to anything? -- or
in short (more or less), if you tilt the eMate does the slider move?

If this is the case, you'll have to do a little reseating to make sure
the slider switch on the motherboard and the slider on the case mesh
together properly. Check the sound slider while you're looking, so
you don't have to do this again! :o)

> Everythng seems to be in place. I tried the reset button, etc.
nothing
> seems to work. Any ideas?? Does the battery pack have to be in? I'm
> running off the charger. THANKS

If my slider idea yields nothing, try a hard reset (check the hardware
section of the FAQ). If you have anything on the eMate you wish to
keep, when the question "Erase everything?" comes up, just say no.

As for running off the charger sans battery, I don't know if this is a
good idea or not. If you need a battery for your eMate, go here:

http://www.interstatebattery.com

Type 'emate' in the search window. $25.

Good luck ....

--gdw