Re: [NTLK] Software reccomendation and Surfing!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 12:04:24 EST

Well, all you gotta do is make sure that the mime-type
for the server is set to tell the Newton browser what
to do with the package. Depending on the server
determines the method of setting up the MIME type.
With Apache or unix based servers, you can do it by
creating a .htaccess file in the root of the
directory...I believe that there is also s conf file
you can edit...but I don't do Unix...In the NT side of
life you configure the mime type in IIS.
The most important thing is to make sure that you set
the mime type correctly. The one that works for me is:
Associated extnesion .PKG
Content Type (MIME)
application/x-newton-compatible-pkg

Once you set this, your server should server Newton
packages correctly.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Anthony Velasco <ecotone_at_mac.com> wrote:

> OK, Ed... how did you pull this trick? I remember
> you saying in the past
> that you are using a MIME enable website, or
> webserver, or something like
> that. Will you divulge your secrets? Can you tell me
> how, or where to find
> the info to do the same tricks? Thanks!
>
> --

> Anthony Velasco, USFWS-Ecologist/ecotoxicologist
> ecotone_tv_at_hotmail.com

=====
May every SPAM you receive magically come true.
 -Spencer F. Katt; eWeek magazine