Re: [NTLK] first real problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 23:19:23 EST

on 02/01/03 16:16, Nicolas Krizan at nico_at_mbox309.swipnet.se wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been using my MP2000 for well over a year now (nothing complicated,
> just light and basic stuff) without any trouble whatsoever. A couple of
> weeks ago my memory card accidentally came unmounted while I was carrying
> around the Newton. I put the card back in, switched the Newton on and got
> a strange error message concerning NewtonWorks and drawings. I tried to
> make a new drawing in Works and the machine immediately froze. After
> restarting there's a drawing in Works which cannot be opened, Newton
> hangs every time I try. The drawing function is obviously not functioning
> anymore, but otherwise Works seems to be all right. Software stored on
> the card can be used without any problems.
>
> What has happened, and what can I do about it? First of all I want to get
> rid of the annoying =BBUntitled drawing=AB, secondly I would of course like=
>
> to get the drawing fuction back into shape without destroying any info on
> my Newt.
>
> If the solution is in the faq, please say so and I will look there.
>
> kind regards/nicolas

Hard to tell what happened, but I would first suggest that you do a soft
reset. If that doesn't work, I would try to reinstall NewtonWorks and the
Draw package again. I'm guessing they were on the card, so delete them from
there and reinstall. See if that helps...

-Laurent.

FITNR // adj.: [Thinking Machines, Inc.] Fixed In The Next Release. A written-only notation attached to bug reports. Often wishful thinking.