Re: [NTLK] Buying a battery from J&K Sales?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 15:02:47 EST

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 07:56:26PM +0000, txgitarman_at_attbi.com wrote:
> I checked out the link, but WOW. I'm so not ready to do surgery on a battery
> pack! I'd like to know more about what people think on this "new" vs. "used"
> battery issue. Thanks!

For what it's worth, I bought a new/old-stock battery pack and have been
perfectly happy with it. It lasts approximately half as long as a fresh
set of alkaline cells in the sled do, but that's not much of an issue
since it recharges very quickly (~2 hours) with the 9W adaptor and
powered down.

--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world