Re: [NTLK] Resume on the Newt

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 17:03:53 EST

on 05/01/03 16:44, Richard Doll at dollr_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> What's the best way to get my resume onto my Newt 2100 for faxing and email
> purposes? It is now in AppleWorks and I want to retain all the formatting of
> the document. Suggestions? Thanks.

Save as an RTF document from within AppleWorks, then use NCU to transfer it
to NewtonWorks. You need to have NewtonWorks installed on your Newton to
access your resume. I would believe that most formatting will be saved in
RTF, but you might loose some.

-Laurent.

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers. In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population -- and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately, because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management, they are generally ignored.