Re: [NTLK] NCU & OS X

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 00:39:51 EST

nah - you never have to boot into the old os again. after installing
NCU in Classic, reboot classic out of the Classic prefs panel.

then just go into your Network prefs panel in X, switch on Appletalk,
then go back to the Chooser in classic and it'll let you turn Appletalk
on there as well.

and then you should be able to connect easily.

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 07:13 PM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> Is there a way to connect MP2001 to OSX (10.2.3) with NCU running in
>> Classic via
>> Ethernet? When I try I get the message it Needs Appletalk active but
>> when I
>> check Appletalk is active in both OSX and Classic, but it thinks it's
>> not. Has
>> anyone solved this issue?
>
> What worked for me (and what was suggested on this list) was to boot
> into OS 9 and make sure AppleTalk is switched on there. When you boot
> into Classic, everything should work properly.
>
> BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net
>

> --
> inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html