Re: [NTLK] Buying a battery from J&K Sales?

From: brian.tiplady_at_astrazeneca.com
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 03:53:04 EST

Apple haven't made any of these rechargeable battery packs for over 4 years
now. "New" almost certainly means unused, probably in original packaging.

I have a number of battery packs bought at the same time as the original
Newtons in 1997-8, which I use to replace existing ones as they gradually
give up. As far as I can tell they work fine, though I haven't done any
testing to check whether they still deliver the full rated capacity.
Presumably they don't have unlimited shelf life, and will eventually
deteriorate even if completely unused. Anyone have any ideas how long this
might take?

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html