Re: [NTLK] always on email

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 09:21:58 EST

Looks to me like the T-Mobile card is made by Novatel:

http://www.novatelwireless.com/pcproducts/T-Mobile.html

And it is part of the Merlin series of wireless cards, one of which
Mark Rollins has gotten working for quite some time now:

http://www.mrollins.com/newtmerlin.html

A while ago I looked into the Novatel GPRS card's specs to see if it
could be used on the Newton - unfortunately I didn't have the money at
the time to give one a shot, and I'm no longer with the company that
offers them in my area (Fido). But having looked at the specs, they
all seem to use the same command set, so I wouldn't be surprised if
Mark's instructions work unmodified on the T-Mobile card.

-Victor