Re: [NTLK] -48809/SimpleMail

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 10:58:24 EST

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Tom McDougal TMcDougal_at_newted.org
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:21 -0600
Subject: [NTLK] -48809/SimpleMail

>Recently I have started getting -48809 errors (undefined method) whenever
>SimpleMail tries to disconnect. Based on the light on my ethernet card, it
>remains connected. This error requires a reset. Unfortunately, BugTrap does
>not catch this error, no matter what the settings. (Why would that be?)

In BugTrap's configuration (tap on it while it's unfrozen), make sure that
"Crashing inside a Try" is set to "Is Trapped". Note: you might get
errors from applications other than SimpleMail with this.

>I am using SimpleMail v. 4.3b1/debug (the latest off UNNA) with NIE 2.0 on
>a MP 2100.

Well, 4.3 final is out on the SimpleMail home page:
http://www.simple.dial.pipex.com/

>I have looked through the NewtonTalk archives and found other people
>getting the same error, but none with SimpleMail. Most were with MADMax,
>also when disconnecting. Based on part of that discussion, I thought the
>problem might be caused by BugTrap, but removing it had no effect.

A -48809 just means "Undefined method", as in the program tried to call
a function that didn't exist. It's a pretty generic NewtonScript error.

-Victor

This message has been posted from Mail2Web http://www.mail2web.com/
Web Hosting for $9.95 per month! Visit: http://www.yourhosting.com/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html