Re: [NTLK] LAN printing...

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 04:55:59 EST

On 1/9/03 1:46 PM, "Ed Dyer" <edyer_at_allcovered.com> wrote:

> Newts,
> I checked the FAQ for info on printers and didn't come up with much.
> I'd like to choose any one of many HP LaserJets on our LAN to print,
> but "other network" doesn't come up with anything and the other options
> are limited. Are there any drivers out there?
>
> (connected via Lucent Orinoco Gold BTW)
> Thanks,
> Ed Dyer, Newton Newbie

A quick way to tell if one of those HP LaserJets has AppleTalk running on
it...

1.) Make sure it is connected directly to the network and not to a computer
(i.e. It has only a network cable coming out the back).

2.) --If it doesn't have a little window on the front,

press two buttons at once and it should print out a configuration page.

--If it does have a little window on the front,

It will be a little more tricky, but push the "On-Line" button, then the
"Menu" button until you see something about "information" or
"configuration". Now push the "Item" button until you see "Print
Configuration" and press "Select" or "*" button.
It Should print out a configuration page.

Make sure to put the printer back "On-Line" when your done.

Have fun!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html