Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail vs ATA Support RC4

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 16:49:47 EST

À (At) 14:22 -0600 10/01/03, Tom McDougal écrivait (wrote) :
>Could some of you comment on whether you have had any problems having
>SimpleMail save incoming messages to an ATA card? I've been having a
>variety of problems that go away when I save to a regular flash card,
>but perhaps I just have a bad ATA card. (SanDisk 64MB in a generic CF
>adapter)

Tom,

I don't think the problem is your card, it's probably rather ATA
Support RC4 although I didn't get any firm report saying that it
corrupts data.

I don't use any ATA card with SimpleMail at the moment (I only use it
with NPDS), but I will perform some tests. Plus hopefully, next
release will introduce card speed and integrity tests so you'll be
able to test your card and figure out if ever it has problems.

I happen to be horribly busy now because I experienced another data
loss with MacOS X (geez, this system isn't really stable, maybe was
it Safari), some files and folders disappeared without any reason. I
didn't lose any (important) piece of work hopefully and ordered 10
DVDs for backup purposes. But I lost time copying my files on another
drive and restoring them and downloading the programs that
disappeared.

(Grant, yes, I have a lot of hard disk problems, you can say it,
maybe it's because I started to work in the driver business ;)

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/