Re: [NTLK] Tech problem

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 19:56:03 EST

Bruce Guthrie wrote:

> This you have to see to believe.
>
> The phone rings: tech support: "hello computer tech support " customer:
> "hello my computer was making a strange hissing noise last night and
> this morning when I turned it on there was a crackling noise and some
> smoke then nothing, if I bring it in can you fix it?" Take a look at the
> pictures
> .... you won't believe it!!!!
>
> http://www.uq.edu.au/education/extra/all.html

While some people might think this is funny, some people don't want to be sent
links to dead animals (in this case, a snake).

Do you really think all 1800+ members of this list really wanted to see this,
instead of a Newton-related message? I'd ask that you try and keep totally
off-topic stuff like this OFF the list. Sure, your friend might have sent it
to you and you wanted to share it, but you don't know all 1800 people on this
list, so don't subject them to wasteful communications like this.

Thanks. (As always, my mailbox is open for comments.)