Re: [NTLK] Get yer 16mb cards while they last!

From: Blair Rosser (newton_at_7thfloormedia.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 18:52:10 EST

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of G.E. Ross

>Got a score of 7.6 sec (13.1 K/sec). This is exactly the same as my 20 mb
>intel series 2 card. Not surprising of course as these are actually series
2
>cards.

>Glenn

Indeed, I got mine (3) yesterday and ran Test IT on one of them: 8.1
(12.2K/sec.). They are spritely!

I can now do complete backups to cards rather than having to rely on NCU on
a PC and slow(waytheheck)down. That's very nice. And I can even devote one
to testing my Newt as an MP3 playback device (thanks Eckhart!).

Did I read somewhere that 12v write implies more power consumption during
write operations? Haven't run into this yet. Not necessarily a problem since
the Newt tends to be plugged in it is in info vaccuum mode.

Someday soon I'll have to join the wireless revolution....

blair

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html